All applicants are required to complete an assessment here on the farm, conducted by one of our CanTRA (Canadian Therapeutic Riding Association) certified instructors.
Note: Assessments can only take place once completed Medical Forms have been submitted and approved
Once a date and time have been decided, you will be sent a link to sign up for the assessment through SmartRec, our online store. Assessments are about 30 minutes long, cost $45, and are unmounted (no riding). Each assessment includes:
- Tour of the barn, arena & tack room
- Meeting some of our horses
- Fitting a helmet
- Balance & coordination assessment mounted on our mechanical horse
- Determining any equipment and or volunteer supports needed for lessons
- Determining a suitable horse(s)
Afterwards, the applicant will be able to register for lesson spots in SmartRec when they become available.
For any questions or concerns, please email Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 905-679-8323 ext. 226.