Our lesson volunteers are the heart of our programs. Their hard work and dedication is the reason we can successfully provide our growing number of participants with enriching, therapeutic equine experiences!
All our participants are unique and require different levels of support. We currently have over 100 volunteers per week assisting our riders, both in their lessons and behind the scenes. We are always looking for new volunteers to join our community and make a positive impact in our riders' lives - will you be one of them? Fill out an application today.
Why should I volunteer?
- Make unforgettable, positive impacts in our riders' lives
- Foster lifelong connections within our TEAD family (both 2-legged and 4!)
- Give back to your community
- Helping others keeps you present and grounded, which decreases anxiety
- Gain confidence & personal insight working with our horses
- Learn new skills, or improve current ones
- Flexible opportunities for those with busy schedules
- Fulfill your high school community volunteer requirements
- No horse experience required - full training will be provided
What is expected of lesson volunteers?
- Leading horses during lessons
- Side walking during lessons (providing physical and or emotional support to our riders while walking alongside them)
- Grooming and tacking/untacking horses before and after lessons
- Cleaning tack
- Occasionally assisting night feeders after the final evening lessons
- No horse experience, no problem! Full training will be provided