Founded in 1978, TEAD is a registered charity that provides therapeutic riding lessons and other equine programming to children and adults with physical, cognitive, and emotional disabilities. We are always looking for caring, dedicated volunteers to assist us in delivering quality programs to our riders.
Join us today in our goal to bring joy, friendships, belonging, and freedom to our participants - one ride at a time. There are a variety of opportunities available, and full training will be provided. We can't wait to meet you!
Why should I volunteer?
- Make unforgettable, positive impacts in our riders' lives
- Foster lifelong connections within our TEAD family (both 2-legged and 4!)
- Give back to your community
- Helping others keeps you present and grounded, which decreases anxiety
- Gain confidence & personal insight working with our horses
- Learn new skills, or improve current ones
- Flexible opportunities for those with busy schedules
- Fulfill your high school community volunteer requirements
How can I get involved?
- provide physical and or emotional support for riders during lessons
- groom & tack up horses before and after lessons
- help out in the barn (ie mucking stalls/paddocks, assisting with feeding, sweeping, general upkeep etc.)
- assisting with property maintenance
- assist in fundraising efforts & more!
- fill out a volunteer application form to get started today